A Division of Breclaw Capital
Private Money Lenders
Loans and Attractions Guide
in Cicero, IL
Located just eight miles west of downtown Chicago, Cicero, Illinois is a vibrant community with a rich history and plenty of attractions for visitors to explore. Whether you're interested in history, sports, or culture, there's something for everyone in Cicero. In this blog post, we'll take a closer look at some of the amazing attractions, interesting facts, and things to do in Cicero, IL.
One of the most popular attractions in Cicero is the Hawthorne Race Course, a thoroughbred horse racing track that has been in operation since 1891. Visitors can enjoy live horse racing, wagering, and a variety of dining options. Another popular destination is the J. Sterling Morton High School District 201 Museum, which offers a glimpse into the history of public education in Cicero.
Did you know that Cicero was once home to Al Capone's headquarters during the Prohibition era? The infamous gangster and his associates used a hotel in Cicero as a base of operations. Additionally, the town is named after Cicero, a famous Roman orator and philosopher.
Things to Do:
Cicero offers plenty of things to do for visitors of all ages. Sports fans can catch a Chicago Cubs or Chicago White Sox game at the nearby Wrigley Field or Guaranteed Rate Field, respectively. Those interested in history can visit the nearby Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum or the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio. And for a taste of local culture, visitors can attend the annual Taste of Cicero festival, which features live music, food, and fun for the whole family.
- "Hawthorne Race Course." Hawthorne Race Course, www.hawthorneracecourse.com/.
- "J. Sterling Morton High School District 201 Museum." J. Sterling Morton High School District 201 Museum, www.morton201.org/museum.
- "Al Capone's Cicero Headquarters." Cicero Historical Society, cicerohistory.org/al-capones-cicero-headquarters.
- "Cicero, Illinois." Encyclopedia Britannica, www.britannica.com/place/Cicero.
- "Wrigley Field." Chicago Cubs, www.mlb.com/cubs/ballpark.
- "Guaranteed Rate Field." Chicago White Sox, www.mlb.com/whitesox/ballpark.
- "Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum." Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park, www.ehfop.org/birthplace-museum/.
- "Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio." Frank Lloyd Wright Trust, flwright.org/homeandstudio.
- "Taste of Cicero." Town of Cicero, www.thetownofcicero.com/taste-of-cicero/.
In conclusion, Cicero, IL is a town with a rich history and plenty of attractions for visitors to explore. From horse racing to museums to local festivals, there's something for everyone here. So if you're looking for a hard money lender in Cicero, IL, take some time to explore all that this amazing town has to offer.